Key Learning Aims:
- Discuss the importance of financial modelling to corporate and equity valuation
- Explain the Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) valuation methodology
- Build projected income statements and balance sheets for a firm using historical income statement and balance sheet data
- Apply useful shortcuts and functions in Excel for expediting financial model construction
- Analyze how projected income statements and balance sheets relate to the DCF valuation of a firm and its shares
This Program is Recommended For:
- Investment Banking Professionals
- Buy- and Sell-Side Analysts
- Finance Professionals in a Corporation
- New Entrants to Capital Markets/Finance
Program Duration: 3 Hours
SIDC CPE Points: 10 points
Program Prerequisites: Good foundation in financial statements and a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
Note: This Program is part 1 of a 4 part series. Learners are highly encouraged to attend all 4 parts of the Program.
Download the program brochure here.
Kah Teck has more than a decade of capital markets experience. He was a portfolio strategist in CIMB Investment Bank and AmInvestment Bank where he was responsible for spearheading investment advisory and product development initiatives and also played an active role in evaluating numerous plain vanilla and hybrid fund raising options. He has also worked for the Securities Commission in research and formulating capital market development policies.
Now the Managing Director and Principal Trainer for FMTCS Sdn Bhd, Kah Teck passionately shares his knowledge and experience with professionals in many of Malaysia’s leading financial institutions and government-linked institutions. His trainees frequently credit him with the ability to make finance interesting and demystify complex finance concepts.
Kah Teck graduated summa cum laude with a dual degree in finance and economics from the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School and School of Arts and Sciences, and holds an MBA (with Honors) from the Booth School of Business, University of Chicago. He is also a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) charterholder. Kah Teck was also awarded the ASEAN scholarship to pursue pre-university studies in Singapore.
His teaching and research interests are in corporate finance, derivatives, securities valuation, financial risk management, financial modelling and financial analysis.
Sign up for all 4 programs in this series in a single registration for a total fee of RM2,120 and SAVE RM212.00.