Key Learning Aims:
- Discuss the unique attributes of a REIT vs. a non-REIT financial model
- Justify reasons for building a REIT financial model
- Apply frameworks for segmenting a REIT’s sources of revenue and expenses and dealing with acquisitions, disposals, developments and redevelopments
- Explain the logic of a REIT’s income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement and contrast them with those of non-REITs
- Create income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement models for a REIT
- Explain why there are still gaps in the core financial statement models
This Program is Recommended For:
- Investment and research analysts
- Investment banking professionals (Corporate Finance, Equity Capital Markets and Debt Capital Markets professionals)
- Investment managers
- Real estate valuers and analysts
- Real estate developers and investors
Program Duration: 4 Hours
SIDC CPE Points: 10 SIDC CPE Points
Download the program brochure here.
Kah Teck has more than a decade of capital markets experience. He was a portfolio strategist in CIMB Investment Bank and AmInvestment Bank where he was responsible for spearheading investment advisory and product development initiatives and also played an active role in evaluating numerous plain vanilla and hybrid fund raising options. He has also worked for the Securities Commission in research and formulating capital market development policies.
Now the Managing Director and Principal Trainer for FMTCS Sdn Bhd, Kah Teck passionately shares his knowledge and experience with professionals in many of Malaysia’s leading financial institutions and government-linked institutions. His trainees frequently credit him with the ability to make finance interesting and demystify complex finance concepts.
Kah Teck graduated summa cum laude with a dual degree in finance and economics from the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School and School of Arts and Sciences, and holds an MBA (with Honors) from the Booth School of Business, University of Chicago. He is also a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) charterholder. Kah Teck was also awarded the ASEAN scholarship to pursue pre-university studies in Singapore.
His teaching and research interests are in corporate finance, derivatives, securities valuation, financial risk management, financial modelling and financial analysis.