Key Learning Aims:
- Enhance a financial model by incorporating detailed estimates of the weighted average cost of capital (WACC), bottom-up sales forecasts and depreciation forecasts
- Use the financial model to find the cost of equity
- Estimate equity beta using the historical beta approach and the target beta approach
- Project sales for the firm using a bottom-up sales forecasting model
- Create a detailed depreciation schedule that relates depreciation to capital expenditure and existing depreciable assets
- Assess the impact of the model enhancements on the value of a firm’s shares
This Program is Recommended For:
- Investment Banking Professionals
- Buy- and Sell-Side Analysts
- Finance Professionals in a Corporation
- New Entrants to Capital Markets/Finance
Program Duration: 3 Hours
SIDC CPE Points: 10 Points
Program Prerequisites: Completion of Financial Modelling in Excel 1-DCF Valuation and Projecting Core Financials AND Financial Modelling in Excel 2-Refining the Model Beyond Core Financials AND Financial Modelling in Excel 3-Discounted Cash Flow Valuation Model.
Download the program brochure here.
Kah Teck has more than a decade of capital markets experience. He was a portfolio strategist in CIMB Investment Bank and AmInvestment Bank where he was responsible for spearheading investment advisory and product development initiatives and also played an active role in evaluating numerous plain vanilla and hybrid fund raising options. He has also worked for the Securities Commission in research and formulating capital market development policies.
Now the Managing Director and Principal Trainer for FMTCS Sdn Bhd, Kah Teck passionately shares his knowledge and experience with professionals in many of Malaysia’s leading financial institutions and government-linked institutions. His trainees frequently credit him with the ability to make finance interesting and demystify complex finance concepts.
Kah Teck graduated summa cum laude with a dual degree in finance and economics from the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School and School of Arts and Sciences, and holds an MBA (with Honors) from the Booth School of Business, University of Chicago. He is also a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) charterholder. Kah Teck was also awarded the ASEAN scholarship to pursue pre-university studies in Singapore.
His teaching and research interests are in corporate finance, derivatives, securities valuation, financial risk management, financial modelling and financial analysis.
Sign up for all 4 programs in this series in a single registration for a total fee of RM2,120 and SAVE RM212.00.